June 25, 2024

Locals seen cheering as big rigs towing housing units flee the area.

A construction contractor tasked with building migrant housing in Clonmel, Ireland has reportedly withdrawn from the project after its heavy machinery was torched last week.

Sisk Ltd. reportedly made the decision to halt construction after the rental company decided to withhold further vehicles when several excavators were found destroyed by fire and a portable security tower equipped with cameras was vandalized Thursday.

Security workers were also assaulted by a group of individuals, with one needing hospitalization.

Footage of the site shared by locals on social media shows the scorched remains of the excavators, the partially destroyed security tower, and a hollowed-out workers marquee.

The contractor responsible for constructing 84 homes for 328 foreign nationals near in Clonmel, Ireland has withdrawn from the project due to the rental company’s decision to withhold further heavy machinery.

This decision came after two of the rental company’s excavators were… pic.twitter.com/OMuBEP1rGY

— Dane (@UltraDane) May 20, 2024

🚨 BREAKING 🚨

📍 Clonmel

Locals have been informed that workers are abandoning the job.

A great victory for the people of Clonmel 👏👏

Please share! pic.twitter.com/1xC3mpOVYo

— MichaeloKeeffe (@Mick_O_Keeffe) May 20, 2024

⚠️ Clonmel ⚠️

Shocking footage shows the scale of the site the government is trying to place illegal immigrants on.

The 200 year old tree can be seen in the distance.

If this goes ahead there will be thousands of foreign men moved in.

Please share! pic.twitter.com/p044kJFJP7

— MichaeloKeeffe (@Mick_O_Keeffe) May 19, 2024

Other footage shows government-sanctioned big rigs leaving the area with housing units in tow as locals cheer and celebrate.

📍Ireland.

Yesterday the government went all out in an attempt to plant illegal immigrants in Doneraile, Coole and Clonmel.

All 3 attempted plantations were stopped.

The Irish will never accept mass immigration.

This is our island! pic.twitter.com/hqejjZ2ncS

— MichaeloKeeffe (@Mick_O_Keeffe) May 18, 2024

The incident prompted the Gardaí, Ireland’s national police, to launch an investigation, asking witnesses to the incident, including anyone with CCTV, mobile phone or dashcam footage to reach out to them.

So far, no arrests have been made.

Ireland’s Department of Integration and Office of Public Works (OPW) had announced the plan to build 82 homes for 328 Ukrainian refugees in Clonmel last month.

The government’s plan is part of a program to provide short-term accommodation for about 2,600 Ukrainians at different sites across the country.

An OPW spokesperson said it was aware of the overnight incident.

“The OPW is engaging with the contractor, Sisk Ltd, in relation to site security, and An Garda Síochána in relation to the public order issues arising at the site,” she said.

The controversial project sparked protests from the Clonmel community when construction crews began cutting down a 200-year-old tree to clear the way for the migrant housing.

“The decision to cut down the historic tree has struck a chord with many residents who view it as a symbol of the town’s heritage and history,” County Local News reported last week.

🚨 Clonmel, County Tipperary 🚨

Locals confront construction workers as work begins on a facility to house immigrants.

A 200 year old tree is to be cut down in the process. pic.twitter.com/p0ewDNtLmF

— MichaeloKeeffe (@Mick_O_Keeffe) May 15, 2024

#Clonmel pic.twitter.com/rvRIbdfxVv

— NewAdda (@Keithisi) May 16, 2024

“For some, the tree represents a connection to the past and a reminder of the importance of preserving natural spaces in the face of rapid urbanization. The loss of such a significant landmark has sparked emotions ranging from sadness to anger among those who hold it dear.”

⚠️ Clonmel ⚠️

Young traveller lads arrived at the protest with their ponies.

The travelling community love Ireland and have supported protests up and down the country including this one.

This is the real Ireland.

🇮🇪 pic.twitter.com/sUytmdluzu

— MichaeloKeeffe (@Mick_O_Keeffe) May 16, 2024

One construction worker even resigned in protest against the housing project.

📍 Clonmel

⚠️ Update

Sam, the young man who refused to take part in building an immigrant plantation yesterday, has posted an update.

He has secured new employment and is very thankful for all the donations.

God bless you all lads 🙏🇮🇪 pic.twitter.com/9jIG2AHCLa

— MichaeloKeeffe (@Mick_O_Keeffe) May 18, 2024

Nevertheless, the government expects the housing project to be ready before the end of the year.

This is the latest instance of pushback from the local community against migrant housing. Last week, a similar standoff took place.

“Separately, a convoy of trucks carrying 18 modular housing units was blocked from entering a site in Coole, Co Westmeath on Friday following reports they were to be used to house asylum seekers,” The Irish Times reported. “The protest began at 4am on Friday after locals, who had received a tip-off that the units were arriving, parked cars in front of the site where they were to be installed.”

“Gardaí closed the road soon after the blockade began and put diversions in place while patrol cars were stationed at each entrance to the village.”

This comes just days after mass anti-migrant protests gripped Dublin.

It appears tensions over the Irish government’s open-border migrant policy is reaching a boiling point as the Irish people become more furious in the wake of rampant violent crime driven by the migrant “newcomers.”

Follow Jamie White on X | Truth | Gab | Gettr | Minds

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *